The organizers of the 15th International Conference for Nubian Studies have issued the 2nd conference circular. It contains information on the conference fees and session proposals.
Every four years the International Conference for Nubian Studies brings together archaeologists, epigraphists, historians, and other scholars working on the ancient and modern history of Sudan and Nubia. The 15th ICNS will be held in Warsaw from August 29th to September 4th, 2022.
In the 2nd circular the organizers announce for the first time a call to the conference participants for session, workshop or roundtable proposals. The Organizing Committee has also put forward their proposals of thematic sessions.
Proposed themes of conference sessions:
- Living in Nubia – a bioarchaeological perspective
- Everyday life
- Studies in urban and rural landscapes
- Mobility and interactions of riverine and desert communities
- Understanding technologies and defining resources
- African interconnections
- Power and authority: concepts and strategies
- Traditions, customs and spirituality
- Interdisciplinary approaches to memory
- Creating and expressing identity
- Critical historiographies
- Community archaeology and heritage management
- Future perspectives and technological advances in Nubiology
- Preliminary reports on recent projects
- 120 euros for scholars, 75 euros for students (pre-PhD) (see the 2nd circular for exemptions).
- Session/workshop/roundtable theme proposals: 15th October 2021
- Paper submissions (to be announced in the 3rd circular): 1st November 2021–31st March 2022
See the 2nd circular (PDF)
Conference website: www.nubianstudies2022.uw.edu.pl
All questions and requests regarding the conference should be addressed to the organizers at nubianstudies2022(at)uw.edu.pl